Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"do more of what makes you happy"

Jason Mraz posted a picture on Facebook a few days ago, plain and simple it was just black letters saying "Do more of what makes you happy", and I thought to myself...that's my problem, I don't do what makes me happy often enough.

So when I woke up today I declared that I would have a wonderful day. I would do things for myself that make me happy.

Today I went to the gym, filled up my gas tank, and got a very pretty new addition to my hair. I saw these things called feather extensions online and they are so pretty, I thought they were cool, very different looking. I did really want them, but didn't forsee myself actually going through with the whole process and buying them and having them put in. But, seeing as how this is my happy-wonderful-do-something-nice-for-myself-day, I figured what the hell. $30 later I now have turquoise (my favorite color!) feather extensions in my hair. I revel in the simple pleasures.

In closing I have this to say:
The sun is shining, the weather is beautiful, and today is a brand new day. Do more of what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment